Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I've Been Down and Out...

Oh goodness! It has been a while, I know! Crazyness set in as soon as my Thanksgiving Break began! I ended up getting super sick (non-pregnancy related); the same thing I get every year...severe cough, congestion, runny nose, fever, the whole nine yards. Truly the best part about it is that I am in my second trimester, so I don't have to worry so much about taking medication and such. The other plus, is that I am out of school ALL week, so even though on the surface that sounds terrible, it's really a blessing in disguise because I didn't have to worry about using my days off, getting a sub, writing sub plans....much less trying to fight through it and make it in to work. Usually, when I am sick I try and fight through it instead of having to be out and write sub plans....so this was God's little sneaky way of telling me, he was going to make sure that I rested entirely! 

Jeff has been soooo good to me, I swear I am the luckiest girl in the world. Like I said, usually when I am sick, I can truck through it. It was really bad this time, and combined with pregnancy...I was DOWN and OUT for 4 full days! He has made me dinner each night, picked me up my favorite Egg Drop Soup (and so did my sweet mom), brought me to the doctor, picked up my medicine, beeeeeen oh so patient with me, and just truly the most caring man alive. I have probably kept him up every night between my coughing and nightly bathroom breaks. I felt horrible as I was just a lump on the couch as he worked hard to clean the house, what a sweet man! 


Anyhow, before the sickness set in 100% on Saturday morning....we did have some Friday night fun! I started my first chalkboard tracker entry. I got this idea from many Mommy-to-be blogs on Pinterest, so I so had to do it. The chalkboard will serve as my pregnancy and bump tracker throughout this journey with Baby Kiss. I have been waiting to use it for weeks, but not much of a bump has been forming. Recently, I have a slight hint of a bump...nothing major but Jeff and I can tell, so I decided to start the Chalkboard Tracker last Friday...I mean I was already 15 1/2 weeks! 

My First Attempt at the Chalkboard Tracker! 

The puppies decided they wanted to help...annnnd decided to walk on it and spread chalkdust all over! 
Gotta give that chalk a slight blow to clear the dust out of the way! I do plan to paint and or change the frame into something slightly more fancy! After all, I will be using it weekly! 

The beginnings of a Baby Bump.... :) 
                                15 1/2 Weeks!                    Baby Kiss is the size of a Navel Orange

Mr. Kiss and I holding our Baby Kiss...I mean Baby Orange! What a good sport he is! 

After taking our super fun 15 1/2 week photos with the chalboard tracker...We headed to Cabela's for some FREE food and fun. We were on the VIP list for an employee pricing event. We first went to this even last year, they hide 10 boxes throughout the store for guests to find to have a chance at a big prize. We LOVE this kind of stuff, so we were totally excited to go on a wild goose chase again this year to find these boxes, seeing as we were unsuccessful last year! We were ready! 
As soon as we got there we began our search...I swear we should go on the Amazing Race, we would have a blast and make a phenomenal team! 

We searched HIGH and LOW, UNDER and INSIDE....upstairs and downstairs....and for those of you that don't know, Cabela's is a GIGANTIC store...after 2 hours of searching and NO SUCCESS (where could those boxes be?), at 10:00pm, we gave up. My little pregnant self had had its exercise for the day and was EXTREMELY exhausted...
I could search no more! 
I will say the neatest thing I found was this super SLED! I would love to buy this $200 wooden, top of the line toboggan for Baby Kiss...too bad we live in TEXAS. Sure beats my old plastic blue one that Chet and I had as kids, however, that's probably the more practical approach given our Winter surroundings or lack there of! 


After a long night of searching, these 2 VIP members were ready to turn in their badges....until Mr. Kiss decided at 10:00 that this was the perfect time to buy his Benelli M2 shotgun he had been saving up for...so then it was another 1 1/2 of waiting for and clearing the purchase before we were finally on our way home. Long night...but such an adventure! I have so much fun with even the silliest things with Mr. Kiss! I do love him and his family traditions! 



No comments:

Post a Comment