Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Celebration of the 13th Week!

Woo hoo! I can't believe it...we can nearly check the first trimester off! In celebration of our 3rd month milestone...we had my FABULOUS mom take us out last Sunday to snap some celebration shots for our soon-to-be sent-out pregnancy announcements! Of course, I did my research and found some of the most fun shots to take to announce an arrival of a little one, long before we set out on this Sunday adventure. 

I had always loved the use of the 2 pairs of adult shoes and the tiny baby shoes. I loved the TOMS in a couple pregnancy announcements I had seen, however, those of you that know Jeff, know he is not really the sporter of the ONE for ONE TOMS styled shoe, so I didn't want him to buy a pair just for the pics (even though I would have loved to buy a new pair for the pics for us BOTH). Then I thought of using Converse, I have my gray pair, and he has to have a black pair for Chet and Katie's wedding, however, Converse really doesn't capture us...but when I mentioned the boots, Jeff was totally SOLD! I wasn't so sure, because we are the total cowboy, country type...but boy do we love to wear our cowboy boots, and after all, we do live in TEXAS...as my friend Katie put it "The boots are totally you and Jeff...you guys are like Urban Cowboy!" So, for the Cowboy boots we went...of course we both have our boots already, each a black and brown pair...now it just mattered which baby boots we could find that were cute, but not gender specific! Off to Cavender's Boot City we went...it was officially our first time to see that they had a section for tiny cowboys and cowgirls, much less be walking through it! After looking at all of the totally GENDER specific boots, we found a couple pairs that could go either way and we settled on a cute little tan pair of Old West boots....perfect for our pictures! 

On Sunday, we headed to a park with our boots, chalkboards, chalk, sonogram photo, and list of picture ideas, so I wouldn't forget all of the MUST DO shots that I had been inspired by on blogs! Here is a peek at what my photographer of a mom captured that day!


A Family of Boots...and one on the WAY!


These boots were made for BABY KISS...
though he/she is slightly too tiny for them in this 8 week photo! 
So I must say...while we were at the park taking these pictures, there were tons of other families there too taking family pictures and such. One of them had a little girl wearing these SAME exact boots...hmmm...could that have been a sign???? We shall see! But now we know for sure they can go either way...boy boots or girl boots! 

Blog Inspired, Super Fun "We Are Pregnant" Shots! 
Pregnant Belly...due 5.7.2013

The Infamous Chalkboard with the "top secret" addition sentence!










And a few of our own little cute, "we're having a baby" creations...









And of course...some lovey, dovey of Mr. and Mrs. Kiss...before the little one comes! 



All of this fun got me sooooo excited to create the announcement and get them sent out ASAP! My plan was to send them out around our 14th week! I looked on all kinds of card creator sites that I had used in the past and everything was so specific...from Christmas, to Halloween, to New Baby Girl, Weddings, nothing seemed to just be general and fit what I needed. Then...I stumbled upon this fabulous lady's ETSY site. You send her the pics and she creates either a front and back design for you for $16.99 or a front only design for $12.99. You can purchase the design only and have them printed at your local photo place...or order card stock photo cards and envelopes through her and waive the design fee and pay about an average of $1 a card (which is very reasonable). We had planned on ordering through her, but then Jeff's mom was able to hook us up with a local printer...and viola...they should be ready by this weekend! I would highly recommend her if you are in need of any photo cards and are looking for something slightly more custom in regards to font, layout, wording, etc! She was FABULOUS to work with, very quick on getting proofs and edits back to me! 

Check her site out...

Here's the sneak peek of our AMAZING and SUPER FUN ANNOUNCEMENTS! 

(I had to block out our address for the web...excuse the brown blob)

I give Breanna at Pretty Please all of the credit for the fabulous design...and my mom ALL of the credit for spending a couple hours with us on Sunday to capture these awesome images that we will remember forever! I hope you love them as much as we do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment