Friday, August 16, 2013

Circus, Circus!

Circus + 2 kids under 6 months= Best Experience of a Lifetime

About a month ago, Jeff shared with me the exciting news that his brother had gotten us all tickets to the circus! Oh. My. Gosh! I was soooo excited…I went on to say how much fun it would be to go to Kinsley’s first circus with her at only 3 months old, and what a neat experience it would be to share it with her cousin who is only 5 ½ months old! Not long after I starting sharing my excitement, Jeff soon told me it was only the 4 of us and we would probably leave the kiddos with his mom…I couldn’t imagine the circus without Kinlsey!! I quickly shared with him that kids under 2 are FREE and she must come with us…after about 2 seconds he totally agreed with me and it was settled…she would be joining us for her very FIRST circus! YES! I do realize most people think I am crazy when I say I brought my 3 month old to a circus and didn’t just do it because I had to or had an older kiddo we wanted to take! Buuuuuttt I knew my little Kinsley would sit on my lap and watch all of the excitement of the lights, sounds, and fun that the circus had to offer…given she didn’t get to experience the COTTON CANDY…but we can save that for next time! (after all its $14 these days!)

Kinsley and Korbin are resting up for some CIRCUS fun!
So, we headed off to the circus…all SIX of us! You should have seen us carrying those babies in! People probably thought we were crazy but we didn’t care! We. Were. Ready! I will say it was surly crowded! Maneuvering through a crowd with diaper bags, umbrellas, camera bags, and tiny humans is a bit on the crazy side but once we got seated it was great!
Kins and I posed in front of the Cotton Candy...even though we didn't get to have any....
Soon after, the boys headed to the concessions for snacks…coming back sadly enough WITHOUT the cotton candy! I will admit I was bummed, as that was what I was REALLY looking forward to…but $14 is a little on the pricy side so I understood! Snacks and babies in hand…let the show begin!
Ummm....She was super focused and engaged in the SHOW as you can see!
It was a TRUE joy to watch these tiny tots under the age of 6 months so engaged in the action, lights, and sounds! They couldn’t take their eyes off of what was happening! They both were beyond perfect as they watched in awe on our laps and we danced them to the music! I’ve never seen anything like it…it was a sight to see…as hilarious one! Here we are…these NEW, YOUNG parents with our tiny tots having the time of our life with these babies engaged in every minute of the show!
 
 
Cousin Cuteness at the Circus...
Kinsley had so much fun...even her headband went a little crazy!
Baby Rambo...or Karate Kid...
The Spectacular Show...

 The Caged Motorcycles...A Good Ol' Favorite of me and Chet's
The Elephants...Rachelle and I's FAVORITE Part!
It was nearing intermission, so my sister-in-law escaped early before the crowd to do a diaper change….little did we know there would be no changing table! So, disgustingly enough it was on the floor we went!!! I was truly thankful for my additional changing pad I keep with me so I didn’t have to lay my diaper bag one on the floor. I even put toilet bowl liners underneath it to help keep the yuckies away! SUCESSSS! Diaper change complete and we returned with happy babies!
 The kiddos didn't seem to mind!
They made it alllll the way past intermission to about 9:15 when they both conked out and fell fast asleep! I swear I think it got the loudest when they were asleep, but that didn’t phase them…they just kept right on sleeping! Sweet babies made it through about ¾ of the show engaged every step of the way! 
All in all...the circus was a HUGE success and such a super memory for us ALL! 
 Jeff...the man behind the camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment