Saturday, August 10, 2013

Kinsley: 2 Months

Kinlsey's second month with us was filled with even more gloriousness than the first...who would have thought it could get even better! She had so many great moments, of course, but for Mommy, this month was just magical! Of course all of the milestones Kinsley is meeting and just amazing to watch! During her second month she started smiling and interacting, letting her little personality just shine...which turly just melted Jeff and I's hearts! We are in LOVE! She has started to hold toys, rolling over on her side, and every which way in her crib, even sitting and standing with support like a champ! I discovered what I call the 8 Week Elation...I was just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement about how great everything was coming together beyond what I had already been experiencing! Here are the reasons behind this elation I experienced at 8 weeks...

  • Birth Announcements Created and Mailed- After searching and searching for the perfect announcement for our sweet, little sunshine's debut...I FOUND it! I absolutely fell in love with the front image and then had the designer, Sara at xSimply Modern Designx on Etsy, create a custom design for the back! It came out better than I could have imagined...I sent her the images, colors, and what I wanted it to say and VIOLA! Perfection! I am in absolute love with the outcome and was sooo excited to get them sent out to all of our loving family and friends! If you are in need of a super cute card or announcment...check out all of her incredible creations!
  • Cloth Diaper System- (It is really just cloth inserts and crazy cute diaper covers) Success! We started this at 6 weeks and I am in love with it! I love my little wash routine, even the way I have everything organized upstairs in her room for changing time...it's a dream routine! I love not dealing with the trash and waste of disposables! 
  • Breastfeeding- This had started going so easily and smoothly, and by her second month it was like clock work! I began finding how truly incredible and magical it is to be able to provide your little one with everything they need! What a blessing! (though I will say it is demanding and a lot of work...but I feel blessed to have the opportunity to experience it)
  • Sleeping- I am starting to get longer stents of sleep time...in her second month she would sleep what is technically "through the night" for 6-7 hours at a time...though not consistently quite yet...but boy was it nice when she would! Though she is pretty consistent with 4-5 hour sleep sessions which is nice! 
  • Transition from Bassinet to Crib- We started having Kinsley take her naps in the crib and she was doing so well, we decided to try her in her crib at night! I thought it would be easier to aid in building her routine over the next few months. Low and behold that super sweetie DID it! I am totally all about letting her experience things when she is ready, and not holding her back just because it is easier (or better) for us...she was ready, so we knew it was go time...plus I LOVE being in her nursery so it really makes those times with her so in credibly special! 
  • Video Monitor- Loving our video monitor (the only reason I could transition her to the crib so soon upstairs in her room) I love being able to see her when she is sleeping...Jeff and I were even able to go and have a couple afternoons by the pool thanks to our video monitor 
  • Kinsley's First Night on the Video Monitor
  • Pool Release- In her second month I was finally released to swim in the pool (I couldn't for 6 weeks because of the surgery)...all who know me, know that I am a Sun Goddess and spend my summers pool side, so I didn't totally feel like myself until I could swim and catch some rays...though I can't get near as much pool time as I would like because of our tiny tot...but she's worth the trade! ;) 
  • Nursery Decor- I have been adding little touches here and there to finalize the nursery over the past couple of months (decor and organization). I am in love with how it has turned out and love every minute spent in there...I will share updated pics soon!
  • Back into Action- I got my release to exercise...so I was excited to begin back on that track...Just being more active like getting out and going up and down the stairs a million times a day has been great...feels so good to be feeling more like normal and getting more active again! 
  • New Couches- We took the plunge and replaced our couches with some Rocker/ Recliner Couches...best investment yet since we spend so much time on them now!  



We have been so proud and excited about all of our little sweetness' accomplishments this month!



A Letter From Mommy: 2 Months
Dear Kinsley Elizabeth, 

Your second month of life was filled with sweetness! You started doing so many new things like looking at Mommy and Daddy and laughing and smiling with us all of the time! You seemed to think everything was silly. I always call you 'Silly Willy' and you give me the biggest smile! Mommy started reading to you every night in your bedroom before bed and teaching you to turn the pages. You already love to look at the pictures while I read! Daddy even read you your first book too! He picked "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and "Rain, Rain, Go Away" he thought you would like those 2 best! I like it when Daddy helps me put you to bed, because our little family of 3 is just as sweet as can be! In your second month you started taking naps in your crib all of the way upstairs, what a BIG girl! The only way I was okay with that is because I have a special camera that I use to peek at you while you are sleeping! You are the funniest sleeper, and always find a way to get your little arms out of that swaddle! During the nighttime you have been a brave little one and at 8 weeks started sleeping all by yourself in your crib! You like to twist and turn all sorts of ways in your crib all of the time, most of the time we find you in a totally different position than we left you when you fell asleep! It was hard for Mommy and Daddy to let you go, but we knew you were ready...even though we wanted to keep you in our room forever. We make sure to make our bedtime a super special time by reading special books and singing special songs before swaddling you as snug as a bug in a rug, and then rocking you to sleep until your little eyes begin to flutter and you drift off to a land of dreams!

You will never believe how strong you have become with holding your head up...practicing holding your head up and looking around is your favorite thing. Daddy loves to call you his little Bobble head, and I love to watch your little head bobble back and forth. You love for people to hold you upright so you can look all around! You have been practicing sitting and standing with Mommy and Daddy's help, and you love to push off of things with your feet! You are a super active, little lady with amazingly strong legs. During your tummy time with Mommy you have started practicing holding toys and learning about them with your mouth. I can always count on you to be happy during tummy time, though you get frustrated by the end because you have worked yourself so hard, and I know you just wanna crawl! We have been noticing you are getting very drooly these days and love to chew on your paci, which is okay because that is just what babies do; we think you may be getting some teeth very soon! You have also found your hands and have loved beginning to suck on your tiny, little fingers!


In your second month you grew to 8 pounds 11 ounces and were 21 3/4 inches long. You and your big girl self, had the chance to celebrate Daddy's 30th birthday and his First Father's Day with him, which was very special to him because all he wanted was a baby just like you before he turned 30, so you were his most special gift of all! We had the chance to take you swimming in your new, snazzy swimsuit and you LOVED it. We had a special float for you and you just chilled out in it and relaxed. It seems like you really love the water because you enjoyed your time in our pool, and you absolutely love bath time! Mommy loves to give you baths in your Bloomin' Bath and Whale of a Tub (if I wanna give you a bubbly bath) and sing special songs to you like "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "Hokey Pokey".  You started wearing your new, snazzy cloth diapers this month and you are so comfortable in them, not to mention you look cuter than cute, but every day you are growing like a little weed! You are have already grown out of all of your newborn jammies because your legs are just too long believe it or not! This month you have made lots of new friends! We went on a Mommy and Me date with Ms. Sara and Kendall on a stroll in the park it was very hot but we had a nice walk. Afterward we had a fun play date at our house with Kendall and you liked laying on the floor looking at her! You also met new friends like Emerson, Sophie, Brooklyn, Jaggar, and Dylan...they really like you a lot and love looking at you and rocking you in your Rock n Play! This month you also got to see your very first FIREWORK show on the 4th of July. I loved watching you look up at the sky to see all of the sparkly colors, and the PoP didn't even scare you! It was so special to me and Daddy to have you there with us to celebrate with us on one of our most favorite holidays! Mommy loves fireworks and I know you will too! As you can see at only 2 months old...you are one busy girl! In just our two little months with you, we have grown to love you more than words can say...I have to remind myself you belong to us because cannot believe you are ours forever!



Love You Forever, 
Mommy 
A Letter From Daddy: 2 Months 
Dear Kinsley,

            I cannot believe you already 2 months old. It has been so much fun! You are such an excellent baby and have been so good. You only cry when you are hungry or need a new diaper and of course those times you just want Daddy to hold you, but I don’t mind! I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
 You have already done so much for such a tiny 2 month old! I had my first Father’s Day with you and it started off so well but I got called into work and had to go because Mommy loves to spend lots of money on cute baby clothes and big head bows for you! We celebrated my birthday together and the entire family fights over time to hold you. You are just loved so much by so many little girl and we cannot get enough of you! You also attended your very first FIREWORKS SHOW! We took you to Fort Worth for the 4th of July and had so much fun watching the fireworks. You loved to look up at the bright sparkly lights and were so alert through it all! It was hard for me to know what was more fun, watching the firework show or watching you and Mommy with the excitement on your faces! By now, the puppies have figured you out but still love to come and check on you in the middle of the night. Bronx wakes up in the middle of the night, every night and walks over to your bassinet. He puts his chin on top of it and smells for you to make sure you are okay! Sometimes we call you “Bronx’s Baby”. I like to call you my little bobble head because you have been working so hard on holding your little head up! I also call you my little mountain climber because when I put you on my chest you try to inch your way up to my shoulders! You are quite the strong little lady! You have also been such a good little sleeper but wake up to my kisses almost every time! When I come home from work to check on you I cannot resist giving you a little kiss and Mommy gets upset with me because it wakes you up! That’s okay though, between you and I, it just gives me another opportunity to lay you on my chest and rock you back to sleep!
People have always told me that I would never understand the love and emotion that comes with being a parent until we had a child of our own. I never believed them because I never underestimated it and always thought that I could imagine how powerful it was create a beautiful life. However, when I hold you in my arms at 3am and see my reflection in your little sweet eyes, the only thing I can think about is that they were right.  You are the most incredible thing that has ever happened to Mommy and I and we love you so absolutely much!

Love Always,
Daddy

A Snugglin', Sleepin' Beauty in her Second Month....
 
  
Chillin' Out in the Boppy Chair!
Kinsley Loves Her Bathtime!




Lookin' Stylish at 2 Months...
 

 
Sportin' Her Cousins Sunglasses...
Smiles for miles....
  Our FIRST play date with Kendall! 
 Fun at the Park with Kendall and Ms. Sara

 Sleepy Girls! 
Mommy and Ms. Sara treated themselves to SNOW CONES!

Kinsley seems to think she is Wonder Woman! 
 

 
Kinsley's VERY FIRST Swim in the Summer Sun at 7 weeks old! 




 





Fourth of July Fabulousness....

 



Best Aunt and Uncle a GIRL could ask for...
Kaci and Mason...Parents of Kinsley's soon-to-be friend!!!

Uncle Chet is amazed by her little toes and how they wrap around his thumb! 
Check out those tiny toes! 
 Mommy and Daddy love their little Firecracker!



 Oh so Festive on the Fourth! 
 It was a long night! Sweet Kinsley made it through all of the fireworks, but soon after our little firework fizzled out and fell fast asleep in the summer breeze...Beyond beautiful night! 
 

 Daddy's 30th Birthday Present...Kinsley Elizabeth


 At about 7 weeks old Kinsley weighed the same as Mommy did at Birth! 9 pounds 5 ounces! 
 We love Reading Time with Daddy!
The first time Daddy ever read a book to a little person was to his baby girl! Lucky Kinsley!
Miss Kinsley is so interested in books already! 
Mommy and Daddy celebrated their 6 Year Wedding Anniversary....
Daddy made a special breakfast...
Then we went to dinner and Miss Kinsley got to spend time with Grandma Tessa and Grandpa Chet! 

Kinsley's Smiles for Miles...
Kinsley's first big grasp of a toy!  
Kinsley loves to stand strong and tall! 

Our first 2 months have been filled with sunshine and sweetness...thanks to this little love bug! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment