Monday, October 29, 2012

12 Weeks and Counting....

I must say, this whole first trimester has been a pretty easy road so far! Outside of the extreme exhaustion, heightened gag reflex which caused a couple throw up events (usually after I brush my teeth or if I hold food in my mouth too long....weird I know), and the constant forgetfulness of things I was just thinking about (yes it is happening already)...it has been smooth sailing! Often times I will catch myself with the intent of saying one word, and another word that is similar or has similar meaning pops out (like saying "are we going to go to the garage sale?" instead of "are we going to go to the gas station?"...weirdest thing ever, but it happens at least once a day, if not more! 

On the subject of food...no cravings whatsoever, EVERYTHING sounds the same. It really is funny because I am pretty much eating what I ate before with really no aversions or dire need to eat something in particular. I have never really been a person who is crazy for sweets, but even now if I have some, it's like I have a little and then don't want much more (unless it is a Nothing Bundt Cakes Bundtini). So, I can't really handle a ton of sweets, which I guess is a good thing and better than craving them like crazy....I have done well so far with the weight gain, really only about 1 pound or less so far! So, that should set me up nicely for these 2nd and 3rd trimesters...I am hoping! 

However, I must say the weirdest thing of all that has been happening over the last couple of weeks is my sleep schedule. I CANNOT for the life of me, sleep in on my weekends, and I literally wake up at 2:00am, 5:00am, and 8:00am (on the weekends) ON THE DOT EVERY MORNING! It is truly a nightly occurrence and that's like every three hours...maybe Baby Kiss is trying to get me used to that crazy mid- morning feeding schedule already!  

This past week, at 12 weeks, Baby Kiss was the size of a plum!
That little plum is still staying hidden!

 Here's a laugh for all of my pregnant friends out there!
Here's to Pregnancy Hunger! Lol this one made me laugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment