Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Handsome He or Gorgeous She?

"What oh what will Baby Kiss be?" is what we were wondering ALL week long as we had the envelope with the VERY answer to our question in our safe from Monday until Saturday! 

Finally the busy, and LONG awaited day had arrived! I finished the last minute preparations with lots of help from a few friends and family! So, many people helped with the food and what a blessing that was! I worked hard in the prior weeks to create all of the FRILL of the evening, and it came out better than I had dreamed! 

Here is some of the SUPER FUN FRILL from our Handsome He or Gorgeous She Gender Reveal Party that was inspired by candy canes for a holiday feel! 


The Red & White themed Candy Bar! 

Sweet little words to Baby Kiss from our loved ones! 
 These were a couple of the funny ones from our close friends...they know us oh so well! (I am known as the paparazzi of pictures to everyone and Jeff is addicted to chapstick) We did have a lot of heartfelt ones too...that we teared up reading...I just thought these would give you a little laugh! 

Our Voting Board for all of our guests...Gorgeous She totally took the lead! 

The Infamous Chalkboard...used for some pretty cute name ideas...do you think people knew we were thinking of a J for a boy and K for a girl lol... Jeff and I of course added our favorites...Jaxon, Kinsley, and McKinli (we can't decide on the spelling). 

Absolutely adorable little onsies I had made to match our theme! 


My banner complete with Sweet Little Pictures of our Sweet Baby Kiss! 

Our super fun, Holiday Inspired Big Balloon Reveal box! 

Straws and Pins to show your voting PRIDE!


Some of the tasty treats! 

After all of the fun was set and ready to go...our friends and family started flooding in! We had an amazing showing of 50 guests who were super excited to find out the news about Baby Kiss...and so were we! 


At 5:00pm it was time for the BIG reveal! Everyone had casted votes and gathered around!
IT. WAS. TIME.
Team Handsome He
Team Gorgeous She
Jeff and I got up on the staircase so everyone could see...and here is some of the real action caught on camera! I think the pictures speak for themselves! 




Here is a video of the moment...you can get the feel for the amazingness, and for that we are so thankful! The roar of the crowd is unforgettable and speaks for itself! 

Baby Kiss is a Little Miss Kiss! It's a GIRL! Mama's prediction was right,
and secretly I think Daddy knew it too, even though he was Team Handsome He!!!! 
Daddy fixing up the sign that his sweet mama made for as a surprise...it was the PERFECT addition to our perfect celebration and evening! 

We are so excited for our Little Miss Kiss to join our family! We are more than blessed to have shared this moment with ALL of the ones we love most...what an amazing group of people Baby Kiss will be welcomed into this world by and share her life with! 

Here are just a handful of our beloved friends and family who shared this once in a lifetime moment with us...that I truly wouldn't have traded for the world. People asked me...weren't you tempted...how did you not open the envelope for a whole week? My response was simple...sharing that moment with all of our closest family and friends made the moment all the more incredible and indescribable! 

The crowd after the reveal! 
Jeff's mom after the reveal! She FINALLY gets her GIRL! 
My Daddy, who is sooooo excited to have another Little Girl...he knew it all along! He even wore the glittery lips to prove it all night long! Words can't express what it means to me that he was there to share our big moment....even though he really wanted to wait to find out the gender when she was born! 

Jeff's sweet Aunt Kim and Uncle David got this wood carving for us 4 YEARS AGO and wrapped it for this moment! It is similar to one we bought on our honeymoon in the Dominican, without the baby of course) made out of Limestone that broke going through customs in the Miami Airport! His Aunt Kim tried to help have it fixed but it was a lost cause. She found this one (which is super similar), and saved it for us for this very day!

All of the fun with family and friends! 
       






We are both having a GIRL...but Sara is 2 weeks away from her due date! Doesn't she look incredible? Perfect little pregnant person! 

Yay! Sister-in-laws pregnant together...we will be having a Lil' Man Kiss AND a Lil' Miss Kiss join the family in 2013! We are 10 weeks apart! 

Belly bumping! 


Silly Dads! 

 All in all our party was more than we could have ever dreamed of...A huge THANK YOU to all of our family and friends who made this dream come true for us, and made the night truly unforgettable! 

The celebration continued for me through Monday...as everyone at school was anxiously awaiting the news...especially my first graders! So, Monday I went to school for a mini-gender reveal party with my class! We had so much fun! I revealed the news to them with cake pops covered in brown chocolate with green sprinkles...of course with bright PINK cake inside...they were so excited to discover the secret! We even voted on what we thought Baby Kiss was and wore special pins, just like at the party! 

Here is the board from school after the kids voted! Interestingly enough most of the boys voted boy, and girls voted girls...FIRST GRADERS...go figure! They were too cute though! Afterward, I took a class picture of them all holding signs saying "Mrs. Kiss is having a little Miss Kiss...It's a GIRL!" and sent it out to the staff for the reveal! They loved it...the kids had a surprised look on their face and the staff got a kick out of it! They even filled out the message cards to Baby Kiss and loved it!


 I hope you become a girl that is compassionate. (this was before they found out she was a girl, and he voted for boy lol)
I hope you learn to read.
I hope you love hawks. (because he does)
I hope you never go to lonely lunch. (where they eat lunch alone if they get in trouble at lunch)
I hope you always go out on an adventure.
I hope you become a respectful learner. 
I hope you learn to count to 100. 
I hope you love to swim. 
I hope you never bully. 
I hope you always love Mrs. Kiss. 

We even got our Christmas card pics out of this fabulous memory...taken by our friend Shannon (our super star photographer in moments of need)!




We even bought our FIRST little girl onsie set for Baby Kiss on Sunday just to celebrate...of course MONKEYS! 

I am in love with the polka dots...I actually bought this for my friend Sara at her shower a couple of months ago and HAD to have it for Baby Kiss!

What an amazing week filled with LAUGHTER and LOVE this has been! 




No comments:

Post a Comment