Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Just what the Doctor Ordered!


 Yay for another meeting with Baby Kiss! We had our BIG 19 week ultrasound on Monday! It was so exciting! Baby Kiss is healthy and has all of his or her parts in working order! Baby Kiss was a little stinker though and made it tricky to get the best angles. He or she was slightly camera shy and turned on its side. We still saw some amazing images and movements from our Sweet Baby Kiss! I wish I had a video of Jeff during the ultra sound...he was the cutest and oh so amazed at every image he saw! The sweetest moment by far was seeing Baby Kiss' sweet little profile opening and closing his/her little mouth over and over again! At that moment, things became super real and I was in love and tearing up at the very sight! All of the blood is pumping and organs and body parts seem to be properly developed, so that was super great news. The only thing is that Baby Kiss is seemingly measuring slightly small (maybe 4 days or so smaller than normal at this point), which puts Baby Kiss in the 9th percentile in growth. Of course this made me very concerned, all I could think about was...Am I eating enough...what can I do better...but the Doctor reassured me that some babies are just small, it could just be genes, or we could be just off on the dates and such, and Baby Kiss has no other things that point to a problem, there is plenty of fluid, 3 vessels in the umbilical cord (which means he/she is not struggling to get nutrients), all of the organs are functioning properly and look healthy.

My mom later reminded me that having been sick for 2 weeks probably attributed to some of that. My Grandmother, Jeff's mom and grandmother ALL had small babies...so yes Jeff was a small baby, so it could very well just be in the genes! So, with all of that in mind I am not worried! This is kind of funny in hindsight, because I have always joked, even before getting pregnant, that I hope our baby takes after its Daddy, so that we have a smaller baby and not a crazy 9 1/2 pound baby like I was! All along, since I have taken a while to begin showing, Jeff and I have been saying "oh it's just because there is a TINY Baby Kiss in there, and I suppose we were right! My sister-in-law who is also pregnant, said that their little one has been one the smaller end as well, seems to just be in those Kiss genes! In 4 weeks, at my next check up the Doc wants to do another ultrasound just to monitor the growth...so I am excited to see Baby Kiss again and see the growth that he/she has accomplished!
Here are some snapshots of our sweet Baby Kiss!

The Terminator Face 
(at the top of the photo forehead is on the left chin on the right)

 A Closer Terminator Image 
 The sweetest baby profile you ever did see...Look at that little NOSE! 
 Baby Kiss giving the THUMBS UP!
 Baby Kiss' Spine
The Thinker Pose
(This one is super hard to see...the face goes from top to bottom...forehead at the top right and then the nose and mouth...His/her little finger is resting on the chin right below the mouth!)

We are ready to find out if Baby Kiss is a Handsome He or Gorgeous She... My prediction is that we will have a Lil' Miss Kiss...Jeff thinks a Lil' Man Kiss!


How far along? 19 weeks 1 day
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Grapefruit (6 inches)
Total Weight Gain/ Loss? 3 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Still have a couple of pairs of jeans (that were always tighter fitting...my straight legs...using the belly band for that) I am using the pony tail holder trick through the loop on to add a little extra room in all of my other jeans...but still fitting into pretty much everything
Stretch Marks? Nope...still lotioning it up
Sleep: Sleeping GREAT but staying up too late!
Best Moment THIS Week: Seeing how much Baby Kiss has grown, and watching Baby Kiss' mouth open and close, over and over again during the ultrasound on Monday! It was THE moment where everything suddenly became real and I totally teared up! Plus....Baby Kiss has just about the most beautiful profile you've ever seen...and the cutest little nose! 
Miss Anything? Not having to pull up and adjust my pants every time I get up from sitting down! 
Movement: I think I have felt a few flutters here and there this week, the first time being on MONDAY night after our ultrasound...but I just can't be sure!
Food Cravings: Cucumbers, clementine orange, grapefruit (I finally found the mini grapefruit cups at KROGER that I have been looking for for 4 months...and I am officially in HEAVEN eating them)
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Not really
Have you started to show yet: I think it is official! I am showing! 2 of my teacher friends commented on the beginnings of the bump starting to show! "I can see it" -Ms. Schmidt (she's been waiting for it since I spread the news!).
Gender: Dr. Snead knows...WE have it in an envelope in the safe...Jeff is dying to peek at it but is fighting the urge! I was worried it would be hard...but I am sooooo excited to find out on Saturday surrounded by family and friends that I would never even think about peeking! I will say it was slightly tricky for Dr. Snead to be sure...the baby was moving and on it's side...he said he is pretty sure and has never been wrong...but you can never be 100% until the baby comes out...I hope his identification was correct! :) 
Labor Signs: Not at all
Belly Button In or Out? IN, please tell me it will stay there! My sister in law is so sad because hers is starting to pop out at 29 weeks! I know it is only a matter of time for me! 
Wedding Rings On or Off? ON every day....love, love, love my husband! (except today...my pregnancy brain forgot to put them on)
Happy, Emotional, or Moody Most of the Time: Walking on sunshine....friends and family are so excited to come over and find out the news about Baby Kiss' gender and I have been having a blast prepping for all of the fun!
Looking Forward to: Watching those balloons float out of our fancy box at the Gender Reveal Party...Handsome He or Gorgeous She...what will Baby Kiss be?

I have been meaning to add the Funny things my first graders say about the baby/ pregnancy...here are some notable ones so far...

Funny Quotes from the First Graders: "Baby Kiss probably thinks its very loud in here." -Jennifer
"Mrs. Kiss...will baby kiss be as big as a watermelon?" -Jennifer
"Mrs. Kiss, I think you should use your rolly chair instead of walking around during writing, so that you can stay healthy." -Dylan
"When is your belly going to start getting big?" -Leah
"Here's a hug for you and one for Baby Kiss too!" -Arabela
"Oh my goodness, Baby Kiss can hear all of the stories we read...Baby Kiss is going to learn so much while he/she is in first grade with us!" - Daegan
"Baby Kiss don't worry, you won't be the only baby, Zaylen is a baby too, so you won't be the only one!" -Jayden (as she leans down to talk to my belly about her brother)

As we were watching the ultrasound video...a couple of them had some priceless comments...
"He's saying 'get me out of here, I wanna play!'" -Andrew
"Baby Kiss is thinking...'I wonder what I will look like when I come out into the world'." -Mackenzie (when she saw Baby Kiss doing the thinker pose)

Some of the comments from our end of the day class meeting/ compliment circle...A time where we give compliments and "I feel" messages to others...
"I feel excited that Mrs. Kiss is having a baby, I hope it come safely." -Liv
"I feel excited that Mrs. Kiss' baby is coming, I hope it comes soon." -Jake
"I feel excited that Mrs. Kiss is having a baby, I hope it comes safely and soundly." -Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment