Saturday, December 29, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a WHITE Christmas


I am a little late on posting this but I hope everyone had a very bright and MERRY Christmas. I know we had a Merry Little Last Christmas together with our families before the festivities begin next year with Baby Kiss! Christmas officially marked our 21 week celebration so we had a little fun with the chalkboard Christmas morning. 


How far along? 21 weeks 1 day
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Cantaloupe or Pomegranate (10.5 inches)
Total Weight Gain/ Loss? 5 1/2 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Wearing the Belly Band with ALL of my pants now...but it is getting more and more uncomfortable to fight with my pants each day! I can see maternity pants in the near future! 
Stretch Marks? Nope...still lotioning it up
Sleep: Sleeping GREAT I don't even get up to pee in the middle of the night anymore! 
Best Moment THIS Week: Shopping for Lil' Miss Kiss' Nursery Furniture and Bedding with my sweet and super fun hubby!
Miss Anything? Not having to check and see if my zipper is showing from my belly band riding up! 
Movement: I am pretty sure I have started to feel her moving a lot! I catch myself watching my belly closely and I can see little waves in my tummy! Jeff has even been able to feel the wave movement a couple of times! It seems I notice it mostly at night! 
Food Cravings: Starbucks Coffee...it IS the holidays you know! 
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: YES! My little first graders noticed this past week and made a comment! Everyone else at work...has been commenting that I am REALLY showing now! 
Gender: Baby Kiss is a GIRL...a Lil' Miss Kiss is on her way! 
Labor Signs: Not at all
Belly Button In or Out? IN, still crossing my fingers for that not to change
Wedding Rings On or Off? ON every day....love, love, love my husband! 
Happy, Emotional, or Moody Most of the Time: Literally GLOWING with excitement, a teacher friend even described me that way!
Funny/ Sweet Quotes from the First Graders:
"Baby Kiss is probably dancing to the Christmas music."
"Do you think Baby Kiss will like her presents?" -Cole
"Your tummy is starting to grow, so that means Baby Kiss is getting bigger!" -Jennifer
"You should name Baby Kiss... Audrey!" -Audrey
"Tot you will never believe what we found out in those cake pops!" -Cole (to his grandmother on the phone)
"Baby Kiss will love to take a bath with these wash cloths. You can even put your hand through the sponge strap!" -Dylan
"You can go shopping for Baby Kiss!" -Arabela (about a gift card she gave me)
Looking Forward to: Getting Registered at Buy Buy Baby and picking out all of the fun baby stuff for Baby Kiss, and ringing in 2013 with Mr. Kiss and Baby Kiss!


Daddy giving his Lil' Miss Kiss her 1st Kiss under the Mistletoe! 
With Starbucks in hand, we then headed to my Mom and Dad's house for some Christmas cooking! In the car on the way, in the Starbucks drive-thru, Jeff gave me my sweet Willow Tree "Cherish", I knew a day would come where I could have the little Momma to be Willow Tree...how sweet was he to remember that! 

We all had a blast working together and cooking in the kitchen! It is amazing what grown up kids can get accomplished! 
Katie and Maw chopping the onions and bell pepper!
Chet and Mom working hard on broccoli and cheese rice casserole!
(Chet's favorite)
Jeff pouring the PET milk for the spaghetti
and cheese casserole! 
Little Mama with the green bean casserole completed
and ready to bake! 
After our cooking was underway, our sweet little Texas Christmas turned into a White Christmas! It was breathtakingly beautiful and so amazing! Like little kids we ran outside to capture some fun shots in the snow! As the day went on the snow came down heavier and heavier! 
Chet's celebration of snow!
Brother and Sister forever we will be! 
Chet loves to do the pregnant belly pics with me! HA!
Jeff and I filled with Holiday Happiness!
Katie and Chet filled with holiday silliness...
Chet was having too much fun with Maw's hat/scarf combo! 
Chet, Mom, and Me enjoying our White Christmas
Baby Kiss' First White Christmas
My silly Holiday Hubby
So much Holiday Happiness!
A Sweet Little Snowy Kiss


Dad finally came out for some snowy fun...
but this New Yorker was COLD!
Dad bought a special Harley Davidson onsie for Baby Kiss.
He picked it out himself! 
We enjoyed our fun in the snow, and then our gift exchange! This year in addition to our family gifts, my sweet Aunt Tiffany sent us a little extra holiday fun! She wrapped up various little extras in such cute wrapping paper, and mailed them to us from California for a Holiday White Elephant Gift Exchange...Trader Joe's Style! We each opened one gift and funny enough, there was no stealing because each person got exactly what they loved! With the exception of my dad's Soft Lady Fingers which he opened first, but in the end he picked a gift that he chose to hide from everyone because he wanted to keep it so bad!

Dad with his Soft Lady Fingers...haha...he's not really a
Lady Fingers kind of man! 
Mom with her Trader Joe's Mustard 
Chet excited about his Mini-Gingerbread Men!
Me with my Peppermint Bark...I love this stuff!
Jeff with his peanut brittle! This kid
loves peanut brittle and had been talking
about it earlier in the day! 
Katie opened the Gingerbread Coffee to
match Chet's Mini Gingerbread Men!
Maw opened tea...oh how she loves tea! 
Then Dad opened some yummy, chocolate
covered popcorn, and decided to hide
it from all of us! 
After all of that fun, it was off to Jeff's families house for more fun festivities! We had a blast celebrating together with them too! Afterwards, we went home and exchanged just a few, little gifts, as we knew how much love, fun, and excitement shopping for Baby Kiss' Nursery would bring us later this week, we decided to make that our main Christmas gifts to each other. So, this year Christmas was about the joy of bringing Baby Kiss into the world and celebrating what we had created together! One of the little gifts was a set of New Mommy and Daddy Coffee cups that we had seen when we bought them to announce our pregnancy to our parents. I saw them at the store and had to buy them for each of us, since we didn't buy them when we first saw them! 


And I HAD to buy Baby Kiss her first pair of Pink Tiny TOMS! 
I was in love, a girl's gotta have some SPARKLE, 
and Jeff about died when he opened them up! How fun! 
Overall, it was a very Merry Christmas and we enjoyed every minute of it together celebrating family, love, and of course the reason for the season...Jesus' Birthday! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment