Monday, February 11, 2013

Special Delivery!

So...this past week was FILLED with Special Deliveries! I thought it was quite appropriate to include all of them together so we can remember all of the excitement this week has brought to us! It has been one crazy and fun week! 

Special Delivery # 1
Our Sweet Baby Kiss' glider rocker came in...and man is it comfortable...I could sit in it all day long...it's like sitting on a cloud! My sweet, strong husband carried it in and up the stairs all by HIMSELF! 


 



Maxin' and relaxin' after some hard work ;)

Daddy practicing holding his baby girl!
Mommy practicing holding her Lil' Miss Kiss!
Lil' Miss Kiss' First rocking time in her glider rocker!  
And my feet don't touch the ground!
Special Delivery # 2
Later that week...our furniture came in....well everything except the crib, which should be in the first week in March (crossing my fingers in time for our Baby Shower)! Jeff and my brother picked it all up and set it all up. Then Jeff and his mom did some rearranging, and here is what we have so far...it looks a little bulky and crowded...but when you are in the room it feels just PERFECT! I am in LOVE! I can't wait to see it with the bedding and crib! It's all coming together little by little! 

Mr. Kiss' snazzy panoramic picture view of the room ;)
The exquisite hutch! 

Special Delivery # 3
Chet and Katie came by full of fun and gifts that they have been collecting for our Sweet Baby Kiss! They are truly the sweetest Aunt and Uncle and already love Lil' Miss Kiss so very much because they are always thinking about her! ;) 


Sooooo excited to open Baby Sperrys...in PINK Leopard! 
She will be stylin this summer!!!!
They picked this out especially for her room since it says "Kiss"
the baby...Chet and Katie were so excited and thought it would
be perfect for her room...you know I love my 'kiss'!
Here are their special picks...Chet's special pick was the adorable little dress (which Jeff is equally as in love with), and Katie's were the tiny Sperry shoes! Then, of course they have their sweet little Aunt and Uncle onesies! What an amazing and loving Aunt and Uncle they will both be!


Of course her UNCLE rocks...lol love the guitar! 
She will totally love her Uncle Chet! 
And her she will love her Aunt Katie just as much! 
Special Delivery # 3
Mid week, I went in for my glucose test and another sonogram to measure Lil' Miss Kiss! Great news came in from all aspects! I finished my wonderful 'sugar juice' in a minute flat...Jeff said it couldn't be done by me since I am a terribly slow drinker! Well, I did! I also had my blood drawn and didn't even get weak this time or white faced! Yay! Now whether that was a result of my elevated blood sugar or the fact that I was talking about Lil' Miss Kiss' nursery to the nurse while she was taking my blood, or the fact that I have just gotten better at it (I don't think that's the case)...I will never know! :) But I sure was proud! The next day I got the news that I am free and clear of gestational diabetes! Yay! 
 Our most exciting special delivery came when Dr. Snead captured the most amazing image of our sweet baby girl! He thought it was so incredible, he transformed it into 3D viewing for us...so we got our very own 3D image of our Lil' Miss Kiss! We are truly in love! 
Our Sweet Little Praying Angel
We also got the news from the doctor that now our sweet little kiss is measuring in the 12th percentile! She has grown so much...last time she was in the 7th...so we are so happy that she is above the 10th percentile now! Yay...keep on growing Lil' Miss Kiss! 

Special Delivery # 4
"You are 100% devoted to everyone important to you,
you are going to be the best mom EVER! I love you!"
After staying up until 12:45am on Friday night (literally 100% exhausted) while working on prepping the finishing touches for Chet and Katie's Couples Shower, knowing I had to wake up at 6:30am the next morning for our 3D/4D sonogram...I came into the bathroom to see this super sweet message from my super, sweet and thoughtful husband on our "I love you because" board! If you don't have one of these...you need one for sure...it's my absolute favorite way to always remember to let the other one know the many reasons we fall more and more in love with them every day! 

Special Delivery #5
A breakfast full of our loving family ready to see Baby Kiss in real D (3D/4D ultrasound was later that morning) at Cracker Barrel...oh how I love their blueberry pancakes! It was so great getting together to enjoy the company of the ones we love in celebration of the new little one we will all love so much! 
Mom, Dad, Maw, Kevin (Jeff's dad), Fonda (Jeff's Stepmom)
Chet, Katie, Debby (Jeff's Mom), Jeff and Me
Ready with my "Miracle to Behold" in my belly...
ready to see her sweet features!
Sadness came when we found that our sweet Lil' Miss Kiss is quite the stubborn one, and decided she would rather not show her sweet little face to all who had gathered for the occasion...I guess she is a little shy. She had her back facing up and her head looking basically at my spine...there was NO way around it...her face could not be seen...even though 3 days before at our regular check up she was turned in a perfect direction! I think she takes after Mommy and is slow to get moving in the mornings! After having me turn on both sides and drinking a Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte (half caffeine of course), in hopes that would help her get moving and groovin', there was no helping it...all we could get a glimpse of was her tiny ear and hand...eventually she pointed her little finger near her head and the boys said she was flipping us all off....but I beg to differ! So, thankfully we were considered a special case scenario and were able to reschedule free of charge (since a 3D/4D is merely for keepsake/entertainment purposes and not covered under insurance) due to her lack of cooperation! The only day we could reschedule for was Valentine's Day...but we couldn't be more excited to see our Sweet Little Valentine on the day of LOVE...I hope she's ready to give us a sneak peek this time! This will be my FIRST official Valentine's Day that I have to share my sweet Mr. Kiss! 
I did come home with a special keepsake for her!
My mom found it at the Ultrasound office, and it matches her
room exactly soooo I HAD to buy it! I love the bird! 
Special Delivery # 6
After a beautiful shower that couldn't be MORE perfect...Chet and Katie gave me some beautiful flowers as a thank you, and my mom let me keep the bouquet she bought as decoration because I loved them so much. She said I could keep them just because I had worked so hard in planning and prepping for the shower! I love fresh flowers! 

Through our prepping and planning my mom was in charge of the bundtinis, punch and flowers. I couldn't have been more excited when she showed up with the bundtinis and my special punch recipe ingredients...I knew it could be nothing but a great afternoon with these 2 yummies! They made my weekend!
My mom brought the Nothing Bundt Cakes
Bundtinis to the shower...my FAVORITE, and
I got to keep some extras!
She also 'delivered' the punch to the shower...sherbet punch...
my favorite! 
Some 'Special Deliveries' of my own...
for the Soon to Be Mr. and Mrs. Stevens!
A wooden Mod Podged letter S with their
engagement pictures! 
Fun Games like 'He Said, She Said'

A Date Night Jar for guests to add to!

Wedding Wishes...cute cards huh?
The main display and my mod podged monogram I made for them!  
The Fabulous Banner! 

Our special gift...EVERYTHING for their bathroom,
including our favorite part of ours...our 'I love you because' frame...
I had to get them started on this tradition! 
Special Delivery # 7
My LONG awaited Hershey Kiss hat came in! I have been planning to order this thing for over a year. I just knew when Baby Kiss was born this was a must for the newborn pics! I am in love! 
Our Teeny Tiny Kiss Hat for Lil' Miss Kiss!
Wow! What a week full of 'Special Deliveries'! It was surly a busy one but what a fun week it was! I am so thankful for all of my family and our many blessings! 



No comments:

Post a Comment