Friday, May 3, 2013

39 Week Watermelon in My Tummy

I think Mr. Kiss and I had way too much fun with our watermelon this week! Haha...and I will tell you...it was the biggest watermelon we could find...apparently they aren't quiiiite in season yet! Lol, but it weighs about the same as Kinsley is estimate to weigh!




How far along? 39 weeks
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Watermelon (estimated 18.9-20.9 inches)
Total Weight Gain/ Loss? 39 pounds 
Maternity Clothes? Yes...and this crazy Texas weather keeps having random cold fronts...and I have NO jackets to fit this 39 week belly lol! Who would have thought you need a jacket in May?!?!?
Stretch Marks? Oh the sadness...yes there are a few...I know they are the love marks of my sweet baby Kinsley, but why must they have popped up so far along...I was doing so well for so long! Oh well that's just the joy of pregnancy! 
Sleep: Ummmm....snoring like a freight train! Jeff literally recorded me and it is pretty pathetic! I don't even wake myself up...but for the record I got sick again (for the 3rd time in this pregnancy) with all of those little first grade germs! I have had terrible congestion, cough, sore throat and glands, and horrible sinus pressure, but I am making it through! That being said....breathing is just not happening effectively at night. My poor sweet husband couldn't sleep so he had to go up stairs one night! :( 
Best Moment THIS Week: Sharing in the celebration with my sweet first graders of the soon to be arrival of Miss Kinsley! They were so excited and had so much fun! The parents went all out with fun games (the belly estimation with yarn game was my favorite...so many of them got really surprisingly close) and I got some of the cutest little things for Kinsley! I even got a special necklace from one of my kiddos that says Kinsley on one charm, and Jeff on another! I am in love with it! I wish I could post all of the pics from the shower...but due to kiddo privacy I can't :(. My kids even wrote some of the cutest letters to Kinsley so that I can make a book for her...we were doing letter writing this week, so what a better way to incorporate real life and writing!
Miss Anything? Being able to take REAL medicine that makes me feel better instead of worrying what I can and can't take to get over this junk! And just feet that aren't swollen and fat by day's end...while they aren't too bad...they definitely are not at their best haha!
Here's a pic I sent to my mom one night! haha
Movement: Her movements are much less frequent but still pretty big in size when she does move...I can feel her little feet and knees I think!
Food Cravings: Ummm...oh yes...I have been wanting some Braum's Orange Sherbet Ice Cream in a waffle cone lately!
Recent, Unpleasant Developments: Just the major snoring! Yikes...praying for Jeff's sake it goes away once she arrives! Then of course...I ate BBQ and some fried food on Sunday night and low and behold...threw it up Monday morning after gagging from brushing my teeth...my oh my she is quite sensitive to rich, greasy foods! 
Have you started to show yet: Yes....my first graders have been telling me how much harder it is to hug me now that my belly is very big! Lol! 
Gender: A crowded baby girl! 
Labor Signs: Not feeling too much! Though I did wake up one night with some weird, major pains (what seemed like contractions) one night...Jeff was like "Do we need to go to the hospital?" I was like no I am just not sure what this is! Dr. said we are 1-2 cm dilated and still not thinned too much...so looks like I will make it to my last teaching day of May 1st after all! 
Belly Button In or Out? Still half in and half out haha...but not all of the way popped! 
Wedding Rings On or Off? I get sad when I look at my hands and they are so very lonely without their rings! 
Happy, Emotional, or Moody Most of the Time: So unbelievably excited that this is my last few days of school, and then it's the countdown to Kinsley! It will be so bittersweet though...as I am so not ready to leave my little first graders...it will be tough on us all....but I know Kinsley's momma needs to rest before her big debut! I am so worn out from being so sick and tying up all of these loose ends before the sub begins!
Funny/ Sweet Quotes from First Grade Friends:
"When I give you hugs, I think I can hear Kinsley in your tummy" -Nicole
"How big is Kinsley? I bet she is as big as a Watermelon!!!"
Looking Forward to: Our 39 week appointment to see if we have progressed, it falls on my very first day of maternity leave...I am hoping he doesn't say..."Alright let's head to the hospital, you are ready!" Ha...I am in serious need of some R & R before Kinsley's big debut!

Some of Kinsley's First Grade Shower Fun...
 

 

A Sweet Framed Song...that 3 of my kiddos
sing at church! Love it! What beautiful words!
Pretty sure my little buddy Cole just gave me
my NEW favorite necklace!
Some of the ultra cuteness...there's more clothes and fun
where all of that came from too! 
We are truly so blessed with so many people who already love and cherish little Kinsley so very much!

Letters to Kinsley from my Sweet First Graders...


Some Fun from the week:
Mommy and Baby Kiss flowers from one
of my sweet First Graders! 
My sweet friend and co-worker....knowing
I love my cuties...had some co-workers
decorate cuties for me! 
Here is some of the fun! How CuTe?
What will probably be one of our last First Grade Team Pics
Love these girls! *sniff sniff*



No comments:

Post a Comment