Sunday, May 12, 2013

41 Weeks...And Takin' After Mommy!


 
Daddy did the board this week...he is dying to hold his little girl!! 


How far along? 41 weeks...over a week over due! 
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Still a Jackfruit?!? (estimated 18.9-20.9 inches)
Total Weight Gain/ Loss? 40 pounds....still hanging at 40 pounds!
Maternity Clothes? Yes...and getting so excited to say goodbye to them soooo very soon, I can just taste it! 
Stretch Marks? Well, sadly enough they are alive and well on the under part of my tummy! :( 
Sleep: Sleeping well but averaging at LEAST waking up 4 times a night to go to the restroom...she is fighting for every last ounce of space in there! I also wake up quite a bit just thinking about when she will come! Jeff put it well..."It's like going to bed every night thinking that night or the next day is Christmas, only to be surprised that it is not that next day...and you don't know when it's coming!"
Best/ Most Let Down Moment THIS Week: Haha....well last Wednesday, I began having regular, consistent, and patterned contractions that went from 6-7 minutes apart, to 5-7 min, to later 3-5 min apart...We were sooooo excited because there were some changes and we thought SURLY she will be on her way soon! So, that night I had Jeff take me to Chuy's downtown...figuring we could squeeze in on last date night and walk around downtown to get these contractions going...at this point they were only about 5-6 min apart and super mild, so we went...Jeff was so funny! He was so worried I was going to deliver right in the car or in Chuy's. He proceeded to tell me "I am not comfortable with taking you to Fort Worth, during 5:00 traffic, 30 minutes from the hospital with 5 min contractions!" Then my sweet little brother thought he needed to cancel his gig to be there for the birth of his niece...he was not going to miss it for the world...but we assured him he would not miss it as she was not on her way quite yet! Oh man...they were making me laugh...but I knew we had nothing to worry about because they were so mild and we would have plenty of time, even if we had to head straight to the hospital after dinner. Well.....on the way to Chuy's the contractions began getting closer, 4 minutes apart, then at the restaurant, 3 minutes apart....then I started getting a little nervous...though they were still mild...I wasn't sure if just maybe I might be that person that they never HURT! He looked at me and said..."how far apart are they now?" He said as soon as he asked, he saw the hint of worry in my eyes...lol and knew they were under 5 minutes! Haha....He decided to text my mom and gave her a good laugh...and she was certain we would be just fine! We of course finished our dinner, and headed home. Once we got home they were back to 4-5 min apart, so I called the hospital just to see make sure I didn't need to come in...they said only come in if you can't walk and talk through them...so I decided...what a waste I am not monitoring these things anymore! So, we went for a walk where they picked up to about 3-4 min apart, then slowed later that evening...and in doing so...we cracked my iPhone (Jeff was carrying it so my clumsy self didn't drop it...I was swinging my arms and knocked it right out of his hand...CRACK...luckily it was just a hairline crack so they replaced it for FREE because it was still under warranty! Love APPLE!)

It has also been so super fun to experience my "first" Mother's Day with her...though I wish I could hold her...at least I can feel her little movements in my tummy and know she is fully grown and healthy and will be here any day now! My friends and family have been the sweetest in wishing me a Happy Mother's Day! How fun, such a new feeling!
Daddy drinking a Chuy's Margarita to fight
off the nerves of Mommy's contractions! Lol
Mild contractions 3-4 min apart but nothing
to worry about...Calm as a Cucumber!
Miss Anything? Still dying to be able to comfortably take a bath and shave my legs...and sadly enough....I just found out I can't take a bath or SWIM for 6 weeks after birth no matter what...so I am totally taking advantage of my bath times as often as possible right now! 
Movement: Less movement this week but she is still moving much more than just the average 10 movements in a 2 hour period. Last night I could feel her shifting deeper and deeper...near my hip bones...fingers crossed she is getting ready for her descent!
Food Cravings: Not too much this week...all I can think about is her coming into this world!
Recent, Unpleasant Developments: Same ol, same ol symptoms, that I am hoping I will SOOOOON be rid of...heartburn, indigestion, congestion....yuck! 
Have you started to show yet: Yep and hopefully soon, we will be able to SHOW her and not my belly! 
Gender: A LATE little lady too comfy to make her debut into the world! 
Labor Signs: After having those consistent contractions that continued to get closer and closer, I thought for sure we had had a little progress...buttt NO! According to the doctor last Thursday we were still about the same as far as progress. Sooooo, he went ahead and scheduled us for induction (I hate saying the word) on the 15th of May, if she doesn't decide to come any sooner! According to their records...our original due date is May 4th (estimated from my cycle) and the 1st ultrasound estimated May 7th...they kept the May 4th due date in the records...just so we can air on the side of caution and not pass 42 weeks...so according to that date he is letting us go until May 15th which is nearly 42 weeks, they like to not go past 42 weeks due to the decrease of fluid and possibility of baby experiencing their first bowel movement in the womb. Soooo, looks like no matter what...we will have a baby in our arms soon enough! 
Belly Button In or Out? Still half in and half out haha...but not all of the way popped! It's holding on for dear life, it's a funny little thing! 
Wedding Rings On or Off? Off...Jeff now calls my fingers 'little sausages' since they look so swollen...I can't wait to wear my rings again!!!! I miss them!  
Happy, Emotional, or Moody Most of the Time: Just FILLED with excitement, though I did nearly cry when my iPhone cracked...but I would have done that anyway haha!!! We can't wait for her to get here....we find ourselves running out of things to talk about besides how badly we really want her to get here!
Looking Forward to: Ummmmm HELLO.....the delivery of our BABY GIRL! I am praying she comes on her own time and picks out her own birthday before we have to induce on the 15th! But no matter how she comes...I know it will be such a magical moment when we finally meet her for the first time! I have been dreaming about it ALLLLLL week!

Our Last Ditch Efforts to Coax Her Out Naturally... Proved Unsuccessful :(

Daddy Telling Her It's Time to Come OUT
Walking 
(Lots of errand running but not walking for whole hours at a time)
Maybe the last time as an Expectant Mother
at Buy Buy Baby!
Manicure and Pedicure 
(I swear this little guy gave me the best pedicure of my life...he massaged everything forever, and worked so hard on my poor, tired, overworked, little, swollen feet! I even got PRETTY PINK for Miss Kinsley!)

Prenatal Chiropractic Adjustment and Accupressure Massage
(They adjusted my hips to ensure alignment of the birth canal, adjusted the round ligament, and put pressure on all of the known places to induce labor.)
Wishing on Our Wish BONE
Jeff carefully took our wish bone out of our chicken last night and set it out to dry so we could have a special wish! Of course we both wished for the same thing...Kinsley to come out on her own very soon so that we can hold her!

Action Shot=Blurry....Pulling the Bone!
Momma won the Wish Bone Contest on
Mother's Day...even though we both REALLY
won since our wishes were one in the same! 
Wearing My Shirt...
(I decided it today was a great day to wear my super cute shirt..."It started with a KISS and ended like this..." WE are hopeful I can wear it into the hospital and it end with her birth!!! ;)


First Mother's Day Celebration that My Momma, Me, and Miss Kinsley shared together! 
We went out for some yummy Babe's Chicken with Jeff and my Dad! 



The Angel of Mine Willow Tree...LOVE! 
The Grandmother Willow Tree...Great Minds
think alike! :) 
Relaxing after our walk to help Miss Kinsley make her appearance!
Relaxing after walking off Babe's Fried Chicken!


No comments:

Post a Comment