Monday, May 6, 2013

40 Weeks and Ready for Her Debut!

 






How far along? 40 weeks!!!! Can you believe it?!!?!?
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Jackfruit?!? (estimated 18.9-20.9 inches)
Total Weight Gain/ Loss? 40 pounds....YIKES...let's get this baby out of here!  
Maternity Clothes? Well of course...and I am beginning to not even fit in Jeff's size medium t shirts comfortably (they are becoming a slight bit short), I love throwing on t-shirts at the end of the day...but lately it's becoming harder and harder to find ones that fit! 
Stretch Marks? With only a few days to go (hopefully) those little friends are still hanging around my lower belly...no fun! But Jeff says it's okay because I have a big baby in there...but what happens when she comes out it my question! 
Sleep: Not too bad considering I am 40 weeks...but I am up multiple times a night, whether it be for heartburn, restroom breaks, or lately my terrible cough and congestion...sleep hasn't been my friend...and I have been FREEZING Jeff out of the house at night! 
Best/Hardest Moment THIS Week: Saying goodbye to my first grade friends! It was super difficult knowing that it was time to go. My last day was Wednesday and many of the parents said their kiddo had a really hard night on Tuesday, knowing Wednesday would be my last! They gave me some of the sweetest hugs, and the end of the day was really tough when so many of them were crying on their way out the door. I was able, however, to have EVERY student in the school that I had ever taught come down to my classroom for a group picture! Such an incredible experience! My first group of 1st graders are 5th graders this year and on their way to middle school next year! So, I had kids from 1st-5th in my room...what an incredible experience! I will tell you as soon as they made the announcement, the kids were barreling down to my room (believe it or not) the 5th grades (those grown up 5th graders), were the first ones down and soooo excited! As the kids poured into the room, I was bombarded with hugs from every single one...they truly shared the feeling of intense specialness just as I did! We got together and I let them know about how Miss Kinsley would be arriving in the coming days, so this would be the last day they see me in the hallways...I also told them that I would not be teaching at Nelson the next year...and they were not happy about that (even my 5th graders were sad...and they won't even be at our school next year)! I told them instead of "Monkeying around with first graders"< I would be "Monkeying around at home with my little lady" (They thought that was pretty funny!) I gave them a sweet letter I wrote with my address and email address, so that they could keep in touch in future years, and they were very excited! There were many tears from those sweet friends too (2 of my girls from my first group of first graders, who are now 5th graders, were in complete breakdown mode as they returned back to my room, even after they left)! We got an amazing group picture of me and all of the kids, and then each of the grade levels! What an incredible memory that I am so thankful and blessed to have experienced! (I wish I could post them...but can't do to privacy of students) It is an amazing sight! As they left, I got the BEST hugs from every single one of them...I tell you...there is nothing like the impact a teacher can make on a student! I love those kiddos so much!

That next evening (after my first day of being out and my first graders having a sub), I got an email from my little Maddie...*sniff, sniff* it read....
dear. mrs. kiss I hope you have fun with Kinsley. I missed you today. 
love, Maddie

Then she sent me another message today! How sweet and special it is to hear their thoughts while I am away!
dear. mrs. kiss, my mom saw you when she was picking me up. how are you doing well I am doing good right now. i hope Kinsley comes soon.my plant is groing big and we are going to put it in a new pot.
love,Maddie
Miss Anything? My stomach sleeping, I am getting more and more excited about soon being able to not be concerned about my sleeping position....stomach sleeping here I come! I also miss the ease of cutting and painting my toenails, shaving my legs, and taking a comfortable bath! 
Movement: This past week, I have felt at times like I have a big rock in my belly because she is so hard. I found myself getting a little worried that she wasn't moving...and then once I would slow down...there she went! She definitely doesn't have much room in there! She's had some crazy random jolty movements, like she's trying so hard to get comfy!
Food Cravings: Ummm...oh yes still craving my sherbet and pineapple snow cones...I have been wanting some Braum's Orange Sherbet Ice Cream in a waffle cone...and we went this weekend! Yum! And heeeeyyy....Jersey Mike's Deli sub sandwich...here I come! ANNND I am in love with McDonald's french fries and their snack size oreo McFlurry! What a perfect size!
Recent, Unpleasant Developments: Gosh, with all of my coughing over the last week or so, I am sure little Kinsley has been squeezed like crazy...she probably thinks they are contractions...poor little thing! And of course...the hearburn has continued to hang around! 
Have you started to show yet: Well, at this point if I wasn't...I think there would be a slight problem! 
Gender: A Little Lady ready for her Debut to the WORLD! 
Labor Signs: Still not feeling too much, but it's so hard to know what it is supposed to feel like! Dr. said we are STILL 1-2 cm dilated and still not thinned too much...I am hoping now that all of the adrenaline has slowed down with the winding down of school my body can tell itself that it is time for Kinsley's debut! She's been head down for weeks now...so no worries on that! Our smart baby girl figured it out! 
Belly Button In or Out? Still half in and half out haha...but not all of the way popped! It's holding on for dear life! 
Wedding Rings On or Off? Ringless fingers...just because I don't want to chance them getting stuck! 
Happy, Emotional, or Moody Most of the Time: It was definitely a week filled with happiness tied with bittersweet emotions! I am so incredibly excited to begin this journey and meet little Kinsley, but it was so hard to say goodbye to what I love so much, my school and my kiddos! I am ready to be a mommy and I know as soon as I see her, my emotions will take even more of a shift. It's just that right now, with all of the preparations, baby stuff we are surrounded with, and all of the talk of our delivery...it still just seems so surreal and not quite like it's going to happen. Despite being sick, I feel so great, and definitely not like I am 40 weeks along ready to deliver any day now... I really feel like I could go another couple of months (though I would rather not lol).
Last Funny/ Sweet Quotes from First Grade Friends:
"Kinsley will probably love cucumbers!" -Nicole
"Can we see pictures of her room?" -Mackenzie
"Maybe you could have the baby in our classroom at school!"
"If she had the baby right now, she would have to leave RIGHT now, and we don't want that!" -Dylan
"Will you have Mr. Kiss take a video or picture of Kinsley being born and send it to us?"
Looking Forward to: Our estimated due date, May 7th, and seeing how I am feeling and where we are at in this crazy, unpredictable process! Our 40 week appointment to see if we have progressed, falls 2 days after our estimated due date...I am hoping he DOES say..."Alright let's head to the hospital, you are ready (If I haven't delivered already)!" We are so ready for her! The good news is...our doctor will be on call for the next 2 weeks, so no matter when we deliver, he will more than likely be the one who delivers us for sure! Yay!

WOW! 40 weeks later...40 pounds heavier...Priceless!
 

Daddy trying to tell Kinsley it is time to come out...since
her estimated due date is tomorrow!
Sweet Daddy is so ready to hold his little girl! 
Check out all of the FUN we have packed for her!
WE are ready to get this show on the road! 


No comments:

Post a Comment