Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kinsley's Estimated Birthday Celebration

What a day! Today officially marks the day when Kinsley was estimated to arrive in this amazing world, the same day that Jeff and I became an official couple way back in 1999! It was incredible to FINALLY reach this day knowing that she will be here any day now, and has had plenty of time to grow and develop just right in every way! 

In honor of the specialness of the day, I decided (mid way through my random errands of the day), that this should be a day for ME and Kinsley since it was estimated to be her birthday. SO, we had a pre-birthday celebration for her, or as I called it, a Kinsley and Mommy day, I can thank my mom for always making birthdays such a big deal for us! I will definitely carry on that tradition with our kiddos! 

Our day started at Hobby Lobby, where I found tiny, stretchable headbands in a rainbow of colors! I already have the wide ones, but needed the skinnies for her tiny newborn head!
I soon found more bows/flowers for her sweet little head to make her fancy (as if she doesn't have enough already)! I added a couple of touches to them, and a hot glued alligator hair clip to the back, and VIOLA, you have an interchangeable headband embellishment! 
 They finally had my little crochet flowers in stock, so I was able to buy them and hot glue them to her name above her crib like I have been wanting to do for weeks now! 
Theenn, I grabbed my gray and yellow scrapbook paper in chevron print, so that I could FINALLY make the closer separators that I have been DYING to make for her closet to separate all of the sizes! This has been on my list FOREVER....so I am so happy I was able to get the supplies and make them tonight on this very special day! I found this SUPER cute idea on one of my favorite mommy blogs, Mommy's Little Sunshine! :) 

After Hobby Lobby, we were off to the car wash to get the Explorer sparkly clean for her arrival. We soon found ourselves getting a LARGE pineapple snow cone at Tiki Hut! My oh my was that YUMMY! All by ourselves at the Snow Cone stand...but we didn't care! ( I will say, that was my first time to get a snow cone by myself...but then again...I wasn't really alone was I? Kinsley and I were having our FIRST Mommy/ Daughter day that was all about US! I apologize, I didn't take a picture of my snow cone ;)! haha After our snow cone bliss, we headed to Southlake to a baby boutique I had been wanting to check out but have just never had the time...so we popped by Ella Bella...it was FULL of amazingly cute things! I was in LOVE! I decided since I haven't really bought her any super special items, what better day to splurge than on her due date?!?! So, I bought her a super cute little dress...that I just couldn't take my eyes off of...I feel like every time I look at the little girl clothes in the stores, they are all the same...so I was excited to see some things with originality!!!!! When I was at the store the ladies were asking when I was due, and when I told them today, they looked at me in such great shock and a little disbelief! It's like they thought I was going to drop and deliver right there at that moment! Haha!
Kinsley is in my belly, but soon enough will
be wearing this sweet little outfit! 
And then, I found some pairs of leg warmers which are going to be a staple item around our house! From what I hear...they are great with onsies and make diaper changing a snap! Not to mention they are super trendy and cute...WIN WIN!
We then popped by Nothing Bundt Cakes, my favorite cake place of all time, to get her (and me) and Pre-Birthday cake to enjoy today on her estimated birthday! I went intending to get just the Cinnamon Swirl, but you will never believe it, they had the PUMPKIN SPICE too! They usually only have it in the Fall, but had it today! As Lesha said, it was meant to be! I am sooooo glad I stopped by! What a yummy Pre-Birthday treat for me and Kinsley! 
**All in a day's work and all on my due date being 40 weeks pregnant! I must say I am feeling pretty great and in my 5 hours out today, I must say I was SUPER productive. I managed to do all of the above, stop by 2 post offices (because one was closed) and Sprouts Farmers Market, call the Cord Blood Banking place to get that all underway, call and schedule my prenatal massage and Jeff's alignment and massage, pay our copay to our hospital (which I so proudly already pre-registered for), responded to the text messages of a million great friends who are so anxious for Kinsley's arrival (over the past couple of days my phone has been FLOODED with texts and sweet thoughts from ALL of our amazing friends and family who love and care so much for us...we are so blessed), and chat with Jeff's grandmother, my mom, and my best friend! I am definitley blessed to be feeling so great, so far along, and being able to enjoy some time off focusing on us and our sweet, little lady before her arrival! Maybe there is a little nesting going on here too, LOL! 

What an incredible day! 
I am truly feeling beyond BLESSED 
and can't wait until our little miracle arrives!! 

Earlier this week we had the sweetest delivery...my sister-in-law's sister, Jen, sent us a surprise package with headbands and CUTE flower clips for little Miss Kinsley that her and her husband picked out especially for us! I tell you...a girl...can never have enough headbands, bows, and flowers!! What a surprise...we just thought it was the sweetest ever of her to think of us with our due date nearing! :) It came in a super cute box too!
 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen! I have been thinking about you, Jeff, and Ms. Kinsley! I am praying for a safe arrival of your baby girl! I can't wait to see pictures and meet her once I come home! You are going to be such a great mother. Happy Mother's Day! <3

    ReplyDelete