Wednesday, May 15, 2013

And The Real Journey Begins...

So today officially marked the last day she had to come into this world on her own...we were hopeful...especially after my 2 1/2 hour walk the night before at the park that nearly tore my hips in two parts...I was hurting so bad after that walk! This late in pregnancy a 6 mile walk...is not like it would be for a normal person by any means! I am feeling blessed to feel so great this far along in pregnancy that's for sure, but I will say it was miiiiighty tough to get in and out of Jeff's big truck today! 

As our last day as just the two of us floated by...I was filled with so many emotions...Joy and excitement, and disbelief that our baby girl would be soon on her way! I felt at times a little unidentified emotion...I knew I was feeling something but couldn't pin point what exactly it was, and I would begin to tear up a little bit. Yes, I have had a couple quick soft tears drop today...but not because I am scared or worried...just more overwhelmed with emotion. It's truly a crazy experience to be pregnant for nearly a year of your life, then suddenly on some chosen day it will all end with the most amazing delivery of your life! It's truly a lot to take in and wrap my brain around...so I found myself in a quiet mood just really trying to take it all in and prepare myself for the coming day....the birth of our baby girl...something we have waited so long for, but something I cannot even begin to predict how it will all pan out!!! 

Of course making it nearly 42 weeks into a pregnancy, you never assume you will end up having to deliver via induction, but that is how it is looking for us. So, for the past 2 weeks, I have hoped and prayed she would make her way on her own...now coming to the sudden last minute realization...we are out of time! Her Aunt Katie said it best "Her song is "Waitin' on a Woman"" which is totally true of her already...but it is so worth it! She truly is just like her momma and waited the whole 42 weeks to make her appearance...and of course I expected that from the beginning...but then with all of the "she's measuring small" "we might induce early" talk...I guess I let that thought slip away for a while. So, in hindsight it comes at no surprise to any of us! I know and trust it is all part of God's great plan for her life and fully trust that everything will pan out in the way it is supposed to in the coming days! 

I do find some uncertainty in the events that are in my near future...especially the part about not being able to eat anything but ice chips, ice chips, and more ice chips after 6am tomorrow morning...Lord knows how long I will be in labor! However, I do trust that God will carry me through and protect me and my little Kinsley through it all, of that I am certain! We are truly blessed to be surrounded by sooo many loving and supportive family members and friends who care so much about us...for all of them we are so thankful! Their well wishes and words of encouragement have meant the world to us!

So, today was a day of lasts...
last time to walk around in public with Kinsley in my belly and not in my arms or a stroller...
last time to eat at a restaurant as a couple with their first baby on the way... 
 
last time to eat a pineapple snow cone...well, for a while...
 
and my last Braum's orange sherbet cone to eat for a couple of days! 

We are truly excited for what May 15th has in store for us! On Jeff's fortune it had 15 as a lucky number...so we shall see....we both had the number 17 as a lucky number on our fortunes...let's hope that signifies the day we will be able to bring her home...not when she is born! Lol
A neat little tidbit....Miss Kinsley will be born exactly 6 weeks after my birthday and 6 weeks before Jeff's! She is right in between March 31 and June 30! What fun...couldn't be more perfect!

And now it's off to bed...kinda like Christmas...the sooner you go to bed the sooner you will wake up and the time will be here that you have so long awaited! 

Morning of May 15th...
Off to a life changing moment...not to return without our sweet baby girl in our arms! 
Our last little moments as a family of 2! 






No comments:

Post a Comment