Friday, May 3, 2013

38 Weeks...HELLO Heartburn!!!

Sooooo behind on posting! Things have been non-stop preparing for the coming excitement of our little lady...sub plans seemed to take precedence over the blog sadly enough! 

How far along? 38 weeks
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Pumpkin (estimated 18.9-20.9 inches)
Total Weight Gain/ Loss? 37 pounds 
Maternity Clothes? Yes...and I am totally running out of things to wear to keep cool in this Texas heat! My rolled up jean capris and short sleeves just aren't cutting it! It's hot! 
Stretch Marks? Why yes....as a matter of fact a couple decided to show up recently, how sweet of them...not my favorite thing in the world...but I don't have much longer so I am hoping they will fade! 
Sleep: Tossing and turning every night! So hot...that I have to sleep in a sports bra and shorts...I find myself half asleep pulling my hair into a bun because I am so incredibly sweltering hot! 
Best Moment THIS Week: Getting down on my sub plans and fine tuning them so that they are ready for the next week when my sub begins! I am amazed that I was able to completely finish them before actually taking off! Phew....what a relief! I can't believe I only have a little over a week left of working!
Miss Anything? Not getting heartburn and indigestion with EVERYTHING I eat! 
Movement: Yep...she's moving...much more of a soft, rolling type movement now...with lots of lower pressure...it kind of feels like little fingers tapping down low sometimes! It becomes really tricky when I sit since my torso becomes lessened and so she seems to get cramped, so she sticks her little butt out to my right side and pushes on top of my ribs...it feels fabulous lol...I literally have to sit leaning to the side to help with the pressure! She nearly does it every time I sit for long periods of time!
Food Cravings: Not really lately.
Recent, Unpleasant Developments: Major heartburn with EVERYTHING I eat...it doesn't matter...it used to just be tomato based things and maybe greasy/spicy foods...but now it's everything! My favorite is when it creeps in about 2am...and the indigestion just sits up in the top of my throat and I have to prop my head and shoulders up with pillows and pop a couple TUMS to get rid of it! 
Have you started to show yet: Yes and yes! It's clearly evident, and thankfully I don't have much further to go...as I don't have much more room to stretch!  
Gender: A sweet HEARTED baby girl (who gives me major heartburn)! 
Labor Signs: Not thinking so, I have felt some tightness and pressure here and there but nothing 'labor' related! Dr. said we are 1 cm but not thinned...so I am thinking we have a while before her arrival! 
Belly Button In or Out? Still half in and half out haha...but not all of the way popped! 
Wedding Rings On or Off? Oh the sadness I feel each day when I can't wear my beloved rings! It's just not the same without them...I get so jealous that Jeff can still wear his! 
Happy, Emotional, or Moody Most of the Time: Crazy busy but filled with excitement...between cleaning, preparing, and getting my sub plans fine tuned (biggest job ever) we have just been non-stop...but so incredibly excited and can't believe that time that we have been prepping for for so long is just around the corner!
Looking Forward to: The fact that it is my last FULL week of teaching...crazy that we are already here! Soon we will have our 38 week appointment to see if we have progressed, and my sweet little shower for Kinsley with my fabulous first graders will be in a few days! I have the most thoughtful and sweet classroom parents that have some specialness planned on April 26 to help the first graders share in the celebration of Kinsley's arrival! So excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment