Monday, October 22, 2012

A Heartbeat...It's a Love Beat...

Haha MOST of you probably don't know this song but it happens to be an old favorite of mine, a corny song from the 70's sung by the DeFranco Family...led by the high pitched vocals of Tony DeFranco himself (listen to it...I'm sure you'll love it too lol)! Regardless, this is the song that has been going through my head since I heard Baby Kiss' heartbeat for the 2nd time today! So exciting to hear our little Baby Kiss' LOVE beat! This special song characterizes my thoughts today so well!
When I'm alone with you
I get a feelin' through and through
Tellin' me that love is comin' on
My head starts spinnin' round and round
And I don't care what's up or down
Cause deep in my soul, I'm out of control
When I start to hear the sound of
A heartbeat, it's a lovebeat
And a lovebeat is a good vibration
Oh, a heartbeat is a lovebeat
And when we meet , it's a good sensation
Listen to my heart pound
Listen to my love sound
Feel it gettin' stronger
Can't hold back any longer
Heartbeat, it's a lovebeat
And a lovebeat is a good vibration
Oh a heartbeat it's a lovebeat
And when we meet, it's a good sensation...Listen
Pictures pass before my eyes
Like a vision in disguise
Tryin' to explain the way I feel
And there's a movement in my mind
Like a rhythm counting time
Breakin' down all my defenses
Overcomin' all of my senses
For your veiwing pleasure...click the link below and check out the DeFranco Family in action! It's a real treat with a true 70's vibe complete with a jive, psychedelic lights,  and bellbottomed costumes...guaranteed it will be your new favorite song...if nothing else you can get a GREAT laugh and hear the craziness of the song I have had in my head ALL afternoon! I'm not going to lie...it makes me wanna get up and start dancing! 

Click for the Heartbeat Music Video

The 12 week check up went well and the most exciting part was I got my FIRST Doppler Heartbeat Check! You know...the one they do on the BELLY with the JELLY! So fun! At first, there was virtually no sound, now given, Baby Kiss is the size of a PLUM deep in my uterus, so I understand that it can be tricky to find that little tiny heartbeat...so I put my worries aside and opted for patience :). Then all of the sudden you heard....BOOM...BOOM...BOOM...on the mike...I was thinking yikes...I am not so sure if everything is alright in there! Haha...Dr. Snead said, "Well that baby is moving around like crazy in there, so that is why you are hearing the sound and why I am having trouble finding the heartbeat". Soon enough he located Baby Kiss' heartbeat at a STRONG 165 bpm, yay for a healthy heartbeat Baby Kiss! With a smile he said, "Well there it is just as perfect as it can be!" Oh I was so happy to experience yet another "meeting" with our little Baby Kiss, just to know that little one is still in there and growing! My excitement and happiness is truly so very well expressed by my little song above! My little 12 week old Baby Kiss is just a movin' and a groovin'... I have been listening to this Heartbeat music video over and over through this post...lol I'm silly I know....but it just makes me so happy...so even though Baby Kiss can't quite hear yet...I know Baby Kiss is movin' and groovin' to
"A heartbeat is a lovebeat..." :)

As I snuck away and I escaped to the Doctor's office right after school for my 12 week check up...Jeff was working hard to install our beautiful, new hardwood floors with his sweet as can be little brother (Uncle Josh) and dad (Grandpa/ Papa), and even help from my sweet little brother (Uncle Chet) (yes, to replace the once amazing carpet, a necessity, not a luxury, that has now been turned into lily pads of urine from our puppies), they worked hard ALL morning, afternoon, and evening to take our floors from STINKitary to SANitary in preparation for Baby Kiss...and I swear we cleaned up after every accident, but somehow once the dirt is tracked over it...they magically reappear)... terrible, terrible things that can happen with puppies!

He is so proud of the progress in 1 DAY....
and I couldn't be MORE thankful... These handy men are incredible!

Lily Pads of Pee Stains! 

No More Carpet! 

The Moisture Barrier and Foam Underlay laid down!

The Boys hard at work...And the nearly the FINISHED product with the 3 hard workers...
well until tomorrow when they tackle the Master Bedroom! But I tell you...gosh those men are talented! They can do ANYTHING! I always knew I had to marry a man who was a Mr. Fix It...Just like my daddy! ;)


And the ACTUAL finished product for today... our NEW dance floor! I told Jeff our kids are going to say on a regular daily basis "Mama can we move the furniture out of the way so we can use our dance floor"! Of course, we are going to have some dancing fools! So, I broke it in well tonight...Jeff and I danced to our Texas Country, one of which was my FAV artists of all time, Mr. Wade Bowen's song "From Bad to Good" were such perfect lyrics ('so dance a little closer, laugh about this crazy day, or lay your head down on my shoulder and we'll cry the world away')...and I danced to whatever was on cause I just wanted to dance...this new found energy is AMAZING! I feel like my old self again! 

Here I am striking a pose while I broke in our new dance floor (Jeff wanted to take a video but I thought you would get the jist with a mere picture lol)....I think I might opt out of living room furniture and keep the dance floor! 
All of the dancing and new floor has been exciting buuuttt here is our MESS of a house, it looked so beautiful yesterday after my cleaning spree...our living room is now in the casual dining room! What I wouldn't give to lay on the couch and watch TV... haha lol...I am just fine...no need for TV tonight! 

And just to add a picture of my sweetness...look at sweet, little Daddy Kiss after a hard day's work...isn't he going to be the most INCREDIBLE DADDY? Look at him with our little Bronx and Berkley...Daddy felt bad that they had to be put away all day in the garage and outside...so his soft, little heart let them in and look where they went to sit! By the way does BRONX (puppy on the right) not CRACK you up...he looks like he is totally posing like a little man for senior pictures!!! 
Update: Here is the FINAL FINISHED product the next day! We have added our lovely furniture back in the mix! It looks more like a living room now and not so much like a dance floor...excuse the curtains which are still pulled up! Yay for such quick progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment