Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Garage Sale Goodness

So last Saturday, my friend Holly told me there would be some neighborhood Garage Sales going on this weekend and I should try and pop around to see if I can find any hidden baby treasures! Her mom in particular discovers the best finds....so I thought what the heck...let's see what we can discover. So, my mom came and picked me up at 7:15am (yes, I really needed my Saturday sleep in but I gave it up), and then we were off! Mind you, I have NEVER been Garage Sale shopping as an adult and really only frequented a couple growing up...not really my cup of tea, but I tried to have an open mind...but I will say I was a little grumpy going in to it! Not sure if it was the early morning, or the overall experience of it all to begin with.

I soon found out that garage sale shopping is an ART, one that I could NEVER make a habit of! It takes endurance, stamina, lots of driving, and seeing a whole lot of JUNK! Did I mention super time consuming and a stealer of every last ounce of energy you have? However, in our endeavor, we did happen upon some sweet, little baby treasures (we only stopped at ones with baby stuff that caught our eye).

Our first find was a car seat that was in GREAT condition regularly $180 we got it for $20...we will obviously get a NEW carseat too, but it will be nice to have a second one that we can use and not have to transfer it from car to car when Baby Kiss gets bigger. The infant one we will have only goes to 33 pounds but has various bases to put into the various cars and snaps into the stroller. So, once the little one gets bigger we figure we will need another couple of carseats, and this will be one of them!


 We also found some fun outdoor active lifestyle equipment....like a regularly priced $300 Quinny Jogging Stroller for $50 and an amazing Bike Trailer for $50 as well! Sadly, Jeff didn't love my bike trailer... he said "Wow, that will look GREAT behind your bike...oh and did it come with the helmet and biker spandex too?" :( Oh how sweet is he? But hey, I will tell you, if I am going to be home with this little one, I figure I need options, and when they are too little to ride a bike...is this not the perfect solution, for a ride through the neighborhood or park? I would think so, though it will probably be a year after Baby Kiss is born before I can utilize my Bike Trailer...it will be great to have when the time comes! 


Some other finds included: 


a Tummy Time Mat for $15

a Glider Rocker and Gliding Footstool for only $35 (which I can't wait to darken the wood and recover it based on a blog tutorial I found...I just have to decide if I am going to put it in the bedroom or nursery because that will obviously determine the fabric I choose!)

A $2 gate that was wide enough to block our SUPER WIDE staircase! 
We will be painting it darker soon! :) It's not super sturdy but it will do the job! Even for the puppies!


Kind of a funny thing but we bought a TON of GIRL clothes because this lady had twin girls....they were just too cute and cheap to resist! I figure if we don't have a girl, I know a couple people having a girl that I can hand them over to! It was only like $12 for all of it...even the stuff in the bag!  

The greatest find that my mom found was a bedding set she fell in love with! She plans to have a crib set up for our sweet little Baby Kiss at her house, so this neutral little bedding set was perfect for her for only $60! Needless to say she was very excited! 

So, all in all, I think I must say it was a successful trip....but oh SO exhausting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment