Saturday, October 6, 2012

Back to Reality with a Strange Twist

So that next week we get back in town....and of course all I wanted was a Roast Beef PoBoy...but we all know they are no where to be found in TEXAS! So I pushed that sadness aside and went on with my week. Of course it was a teacher work week so I had to jump right back into reality and hit the ground running! The week went on, fortunately I had already gotten my classroom set up and ready to go in the week prior so, no stress there! Meet the teacher night came and I met all of my 22 NEW sweet little first graders and their families! Of course my past students came by to give me great big "I miss you hugs" and that always gets me ready for the new school year. Most people who know me, know that during the school year I put my whole heart and soul into my kiddos! That being said, I sometimes, okay most times, kinda check out of reality...so that whole "let's start a family and see what happens"was far from my thinking amidst all of the hustle and bustle of the new coming school year...but there was of course that little twinge in me that wondered every now and then when we would find out. According to my "female calendar" I could have taken a test that Thursday upon return from Louisiana, but I resisted the urge. I was convinced I wanted to find out the old fashioned way! So I pushed all wonder and thinking out of my brain, but I had my suspicions. 

That Saturday, I woke up and went to babysit and something told me, you knowI just don't feel like my monthly friend is coming, but I thought naaaa. Just in case this was in fact my last hurrah, I decided to spoil myself with a Starbucks coffee, because after all, if I was pregnant I knew I could not indulge in these too often in the near future. Side note, I am not a daily coffee drinker, I have a Starbucks here and there when I wanna spoil myself! 

Later that night, Jeff and I went to dinner with his mom at Olive Garden. Yum, yum! Well, I was absolutely starving and felt very strange, but it was probably just because I had been busy and babysitting all day and not eaten much. So, we went to go and eat....I would say around 6:15pm, mid dinner, I felt CRAZY....I mean CRAZY tired and was like what in the heck is wrong with me. I could not even keep my head up, I kept laying my head on Jeff's shoulder. I literally thought I was going to fall asleep at the table! The thought of maybe I might be pregnant after all crossed my mind but I quickly dismissed it, no way....how could it happen so quick? After all this was our first month of "seeing what happens"!

No comments:

Post a Comment