Sunday, October 7, 2012

Quotes from the Peanut Gallery

At first I told Jeff, we really need to wait until closer to the end of the first trimester before we go and tell everyone....but he was soooooo excited he talked me into telling our closest friends, in addition to our family of course! Here are some of the notable responses from some of those closest to us!

Tessa Stevens (my mom): "I never doubted for one second it would happen right away! Now I need to go and buy a LAY Z BOY rocker to rock my baby in!" (And she already bought it)

Chet Stevens (my dad): "So... are you sure? Really?"

Chet Stevens (my brother): "No way, really, no way, I'm going to be a real uncle...can I put it on Facebook?"

Debby Stillabower (Jeff's Mom): "NO F***ing WAY! (followed by tears) Are you serious? I'm going to have 2 grandbabies?"
(It was pure and utter shock...Jeff's brother's wife is pregnant too!)  

Rachelle Kiss: "Yay! We can go through pregnancy together!"

Gram: "Oh my goodness, I just knew it, I knew it when you were here in Louisiana!"

Papa Kiss: "I'm so happy! That makes my day. Do you have a good shotgun? Would you prefer a 12 gauge or a 20 gauge? (That means he is really, really happy)

Maw: "I'm smiling inside....or should I say bursting?"

Uncle Chris: "Were they busy when they were here in Louisiana or what?" 
(and NO, lol it happened before we went to Louisiana)

Aunt Debbie: "I knew when I saw you, you had a glow, and when I touched your hand when you were here in Louisiana, I felt it tingle. It will be a girl! You two just had this aura about you, it's so special and I couldn't be more happy for you! I love your deep conversations and how you've matured together as a couple over the years you have been married, so proud of you guys!"

Shannon Kidd: "So exciting, you should name him Baby Jensen! When I think of you're baby, I call him Baby Jensen"

Jonathan Stickland: "Oh my gosh, I am so excited, you guys are going to be great parents. I will be sure to tell you if you have the ugly baby!"

Holly Cochran: "Matt and I decided you should have a girl, so she can marry Emerson and we can be in laws!"

Annie Santiago: "Oh my gosh, I had tears in my eyes, we are so incredibly happy for you! Y'all found out on my golden birthday...if y'all have the baby early on Tim's birthday, then it will be a sign from God and we will have to move to TEXAS"

Tim Santiago: "What?!?!? So glad it happened at Uncle Tim's Wedding! Congratulations! I'm all smiles for you guys! Who would have thought, from taking a picture under the tree when we were young, to you telling you're about to have one almost that young to take a picture under the tree! What was Jeff's face like when he got the news? "

Shelli Green: "I knew it would happen fast...I am so excited for you guys! I so see you with boys!"

Tiffany Hayes: "Oh I am so happy for you guys...I cannot believe how well you have thought through all of this...you guys are so ready to be parents, you will make the greatest parents! I think it will be a boy, since every one told me I was going to have a boy each time, and I had a girl every time, so since everyone has said it will be a girl, I think you guys will have a boy!"

Lynn McWhirter (the person who introduced us in 1999): "I should get to name the baby since I put you two love birds together!"


1 comment: